There are several innovation methodologies in the market, with the most diverse characteristics, such as Design Thinking, Co-Creation, Open Innovation, Agile, Lean, TRIZ, etc., and, in my opinion, this is not a problem, because, in fact, I do not believe there is a methodology that is better or worse for all cases or the definitive solution to the need for innovation.
In this sense, my idea is to present a new methodology, which I named “Online Innovation”, based on own concepts about innovation in the world today, such as the acceptance and attempt to address innovation as a chaotic process, and mainly to create a metric or differentiated model for innovation, other than the measurement of events as ideas or even number of patents, as in some of the other methodologies.
For this, I initially propose what I call the “Online Innovation Quantitative Model”, which is a model based on three basic objects: innovation actors, innovation rating, and innovation ranking.
The Online Innovation quantitative model
1. Innovation Actors: real-time innovation from Online Teams (People, Machines, and/or People+Machines)
2. Innovation Rating: equations for quantitative innovation measurement
Equation of Wisdom: W = I ^ C
Equation of Evolution: E = W(t) / W(t-1)
Equation of Innovation: Innov = E(t) / (E(t-1) ^ Impact)
3. Innovation Ranking: chaotic process addressed by natural selection (no linear plans, cycles or rules for innovation like other methodologies/models)
The main idea of the methodology is to create a permanent and online competition between the actors, composed of people, machines, and/or people+machines, that is, “Online Teams” with collective and hybrid wisdom, creating a consistent, multi-propagation path between Intelligence and Innovation, using visionary and original intuitive new concepts, that I call the “Online Innovation Qualitative Model”.
The Online Innovation qualitative model
1. Intelligence as the ability to apply the knowledge to meet the objectives
2. Consciousness as the ability to define the objectives from the understanding of the environment and its laws
3. Wisdom as the ability to meet the objectives from the knowledge and the understanding of the environment and its laws
4. Intuition as a hidden and unknown collective wisdom that, sometimes, we have access
5. Evolution as the ability to increase wisdom
6. Innovation as the ability to accelerate evolution
Actually, competition is nothing more than a copy of the natural selection process, discovered and proposed by Darwin, but only made possible by the qualitative/quantitative models and the proposed equations, which are part of the methodology.
I believe that the competitive advantage of this methodology of innovation lies in the fact that it does not follow linear plans, cycles or rules for innovation like other methodologies/models, which I consider fundamental to address the chaos and constant need for innovation in companies and markets, seeking the acceleration of evolution.
Rogerio Figurelli – @ 2018-06-10